Subscribe through email or rss feed to receive all my new recipes. I promise they will be yummy!

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Amazing Disappearing Muffins


Amazing Disappearing Muffins
 I love to bake, and one of my favorite things to bake is muffins.  I like adapting and changing muffin recipes into something different.  These muffins are full of healthy fruit, with just a little white chocolate to sweeten them up.  These muffins have a beautiful citrus aroma and the contrast of the red strawberries against the bright orange of the muffin is so pretty. Both of my kids loved them. I was pondering over what to call these delicious muffins, but when the dozen I had baked lasted less than a day, they kind of named themselves.

Amazing Disappearing Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
zest of one orange (some people like the whole orange peel- I am not one of them. I am careful to avoid grating the pith- the white part- it's bitter)

1 egg
1/4 c milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 cup mashed mango (I used frozen mango)
juice of one orange

1 cup strawberries diced
1/3 cup white chocolate coarsely chopped

Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.

In a separate bowl, beat egg. Add milk, oil, mango, and orange juice. Mix well. Add to flour mixture. Mix until just combined.

Fold in strawberries and white chocolate.
Distribute evenly in muffin tins.
Bake for 20-25min
Allow muffins to cool completely before removing from tins.  Watch how fast they disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. If you have tried a recipe let me know how it turned out for you! Or play along in your own kitchen and tell me what you came up with.