Subscribe through email or rss feed to receive all my new recipes. I promise they will be yummy!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blackberry Raspberry Coulis


Blackberry Raspberry Coulis
I love coulis!  It packs such a punch of flavor and is so quick and simple to make.  This coulis is "lick the spoon" delicious.  Fabulous over french toast, crepes, pancakes, ice cream, panna cotta or anything else you can dream up.
This recipe isn't a stand alone for the challenge (there is no lemon- I know), but it will be used in two recipes that I am working on (I'm crossing my fingers that they both turn out to be blogworthy). So if you want to make both new recipes this would be a great start.  Hint: the recipes to come are very different and would be delicious served together, but are absolute treats all on their own. 

Blackberry Raspberry Coulis
(makes approx 1/2 cup)

1/2 cup  frozen blackberries, thawed
1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
3 tbsp sugar

I always heap my measurement when using frozen berries.  I find that by the time they defrost they reduce to the right amount.
Combine Blackberries, raspberries and sugar in a blender. Puree until smooth.   Strain through a fine sieve; line with cheesecloth or an unused j-cloth if you want to remove all of the seeds . Refrigerate until ready to use.

Store unused coulis in a sealed container in the fridge. Enjoy in your favorite recipes or as a delicious topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. If you have tried a recipe let me know how it turned out for you! Or play along in your own kitchen and tell me what you came up with.