Subscribe through email or rss feed to receive all my new recipes. I promise they will be yummy!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blue Blondies


Blue Blondie
 If you have never tried a blondie, it is basically a brownie made with white chocolate and no cocoa.  For this challenge I decided to go out on a limb and add blueberry to this already perfect square, a gamble to be sure.  I was so nervous that these wouldn't turn out, that while they were baking in the oven I was pacing the kitchen wondering why I had attempted such a foolish thing.  Well, risk certainly has it's rewards. These are so delicious!  The kids had friends over after school, so I decided to test the blue blondies out on them. Kids are always honest (mine a little too much so), so when I received a rating of "awesome" from all of them I knew they would become a family favorite. These are very easy to make, which is good because they disappear quickly. 

Blue Blondies

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1tsp vanilla

1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate (I used Lindt Swiss White Chocolate)
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1 cup blueberry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2L/2.2Q rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine melted butter and brown sugar in mixing bowl and mix until well blended.  Add egg and beat well.  Add milk and vanilla and mix well.

Add flour and salt. Mix until ingredients come together. 

Stir in both kinds of chocolate.

Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.

Top with blueberry pie filling,  gently spreading evenly (careful not to disturb bottom layer).

Bake at 350° for 40-45 min until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Allow to cool. Cut into 32 bars. Devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. If you have tried a recipe let me know how it turned out for you! Or play along in your own kitchen and tell me what you came up with.