Subscribe through email or rss feed to receive all my new recipes. I promise they will be yummy!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bodacious Blue Cheese Burgers

Bodacious Blue Cheese Burger

This burger is bursting with mellow blue cheese, smothered in grilled balsamic peppers and topped with crispy bacon. I'm so glad for this challenge! I never would have considered this combination and it was the BEST burger I have ever had!  I didn't need a single condiment there was so much flavor...mmmmm!


1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 sweet onion
1 egg
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
2 dash of Tabasco sauce
salt and pepper
4 chunks mellow blue cheese


1 yellow pepper (red or orange would be fine too)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil

4 strips bacon

4 Kaiser Rolls
butter

Finely chop onion. Add to ground beef.  Add egg, Worcestershire, ketchup, Tabasco, salt and pepper and mix well.  Form into 4 patties, each with a chunk of blue cheese nestled inside.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the beef to marinate. 
Thickly slice peppers. Toss with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.  Preheat BBQ.

Grill burgers until cooked through. Do not press down on burgers and try to flip only once.
Grill peppers on BBQ until slightly charred and fork tender.











Fry bacon until crisp.

Butter both sides of buns. Lightly grill on BBQ.

Place one burger on each bun, top with grilled peppers and bacon.  Add other toppings of your choice.  Enjoy with a nice cold beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. If you have tried a recipe let me know how it turned out for you! Or play along in your own kitchen and tell me what you came up with.